Training: BVGD Certificate "Berlin region" (until 2008)
To ensure a uniform national standard for quality guiding, the BVGD had developed a two-phase Tourist Guide qualification. The first phase is based on guidance and a basic course after which guides qualify for the European Directive BVGD DIN EN (introduced in 2008), then after 3 years working as a Tourist Guide they qualify for the Tourist Guide BVGD training certificate.
The BVGD training certificate has been completed in Berlin by over 150 tour guides and they meet the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a basic course
- Successful completion of the training course
- At least three years working as a tourist guide with a broad spectrum of leadership
- Seminar: "Methodology - Teaching - Social Skills"
- Seminar: "Legal, Tax and Insurance"
- Training events: Lectures and continuing education with local and national topics.
About 140 Guides in our association have approached the DIN EN qualification with BVGD guidelines.